CADC is dedicated to improving appellate advocacy in criminal and dependency cases, and improving the lives of counsel representing indigent parties on appeal. Over 400 panel attorneys belong to CADC, and in this era of budget constraints your membership allows your voice to be heard. CADC represents the interests of panel attorneys before the Legislature, the AOC, and AIDOAC. CADC has lobbied on issues of compensation, appellate policy, and projects and works to improve relations with the projects.
- CADC maintains a Web site with a members-only Brief Bank of more that 2,500 legal arguments. Browse the vast collection of briefs in our Brief Bank in a easy to navigate hierarchical structure.
- Search the Brief Bank with the latest search engine technology ever provided in the online legal arena.
- CADC maintains an Internet discussion forum where members communicate on issues of criminal law, dependency law, technical and computer matters, and appellate practice in general. CADC hosts MCLE events both locally and statewide.
- CADC provides members with an Informational Guide for Newer Panel Attorneys.
- CADC publishes a quarterly newsletter on issues of interest to members, as well as a monthly email news flyer announcing local chapter meetings and late-breaking appellate news.
- CADC provides members-only access to affordable legal malpractice insurance for appellate criminal defense and dependency counsel, covering non-appointed legal services. In connection with Complete Equity Markets (CEM), CADC is offering its members a special deal on a custom-tailored malpractice insurance policy. This policy is relatively inexpensive and is geared toward CADC members who handle some privately-retained cases in addition to their court-appointed appeals. For a copy of the CADC malpractice insurance policy and an application, call Complete Equity Markets and ask CEM to mail you copies of these materials. Telephone: 1-800-323-6234. You can look over the policy and, if you want to obtain coverage, the application takes less than a hour to fill out. You will get a premium quote within a couple of weeks after submitting your application. The premium varies with the percentage of your income derived from non-project appointed cases. You can obtain the policy application and a price quote by going to the Complete Equity Markets Web site and clicking on the link to Public Defenders/Assigned Counsel Limited Practice Coverage. You can submit your application or send CEM an e-mail at that site, with any questions you may have. Monthly payments and financing for the payment of annual premiums is now available at very low rates. Contact Complete Equity Markets for more information. If you have any questions regarding this insurance policy contact CADC members Gordon Brownell at email@example.com or (707) 942-4565, or Dave Lampkin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 389-7769.
- CADC also provides a network of experienced appellate attorneys, an invaluable resource for the sole practitioner.